Well today some friends asked me “How are you?” and guess what would my answer be?
“I am so happy but I dont want you to ask why LOL”
Do you realize that sometime we don’t really sure what makes us happy? Well, we may think these things are the ones that makes me happy, but as you do it again the next time you don’t get the same feeling.
So, I wanna tell you my learning result today. Learn from life. This evening, at around 6 p.m., adhan (the call to prayer from mosque for moslem) echoed. I was watching TV. Suddenly, adhan also presented from the TV screen. Well I live in Indonesia, where Islam is the majority religion in the country, so it is common to have adhan (especially for maghrib pray at around 6 p.m.) in the TV screen. What interesting is I was watching it from the beginning till the sentence:
“حي علا الفلاح”
that has meaning “Come to success.” (complete of adhan translation here) And abruptly my heart was like melted, I realized that this religion has amazing good method to call his ummah (follower). No force, threat, or duress at all. Just persuade, “Come to prayer. Come to success.” Tremendous method! And that condition really influence my emotion, I wasn’t sure why but suddenly I really missed to be in the mosque to pray. Regained my faith, I feel the method is really true and descended from God’s guide to Prophet Muhammad. I couldn’t stop thinking about the tremendous method. I think this was also that made me returned into Islam several years ago.
And when I have shalat jamaah (prayer together in the mosque) the Imam (someone who lead the prayer) recite Surah Al Mu’minuun (Chapter 23 of Al Qur’an), till the 11th ayah. The translations written below.
1. Successful indeed are the believers.
2. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.
3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden).
4. And those who pay the Zakat .
5. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)
6. Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;
8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants;
9. And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).
10. These are indeed the inheritors.
11. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.
You can listen here, play the 23rd Surah.
What a coincidence! Such coincidence often happen to the believers as I heard it from my friend as well. These 11 ayahs become the parameters of happyness and success to the believers. Are they really the believer that will get into Firdaus Paradise (the highest level of paradise)? Well, please read it carefully, with our sane mind and healthy heart. Are we? Have we?
If you careful enough, you will notice that the order of the ayah also tells us which one is more important (the priority of the parameters).
Thanks for reading. :)
Written by Ibnu Ridhwan (Alnoe) – 10/04/2014